Monday, October 22, 2012

Roxborough State Park

 In early October, we decided to check out Roxborough State Park, which is about 45 minutes from our house.  Once again, another warning sign made me slightly hesitant about embarking on this hike, but I persevered...

The angular rock formations make this park very unique!
 
Lucy, raring to go!
 
I love Colorado!!!
 

Perched on a fence.
 



















We came across a herd of deer...
 
Even with my noisy brood, they didn't tear off...
 








I think we are hitting the half way point of our 2.5 mile hike with no strollers.  There are no more pictures as things start falling apart.  The last half seemed to be mostly uphill with tired, cranky kids just on the verge of catching the flu.  Needless to say, we pushed on with every last bit of energy until we reached the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment