Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 15: Antigua

Finally, our feet are on solid ground, in none other than Antigua!
 
The Carnival Breeze in port!
 
The kids met a not too scary pirate!
 
Hitting the streets of St. John's, Antigua to find a taxi that will take us to the beach...
 
 
And what a beach it was!  Valley Church Beach on the southwest part of the island.
 
The kids, doing obligatory photos before heading into the water!
 
The turquoise in her bathing suit matches the water perfectly!

Daddy found a hermit crab!
 
 A closer inspection by Lucy...



 Charlie is fascinated!




The kidlets and I!

The whole family!




Lucy was a master swimmer in the ocean!

 Phil was close by to lend a hand...


 
There's a whole sequence of pictures of a wave tossing Charlie ashore.  But I like this one the best!

All recovered and dripping wet!
 
 We rented jet skis for some fun.

Phil took Lucy out first.
 


 Then, Chloe got a turn.

 Now, it was time for Charlie and me!


 He's holding on tight.  So much for thinking Daddy's the faster driver!

 
 Getting some shade under the umbrella...




 Back in the water.  This beach was unbelievable!







I'd love to live close to the beach but it might be a tough walk from some of these houses!
 
Drying off before catching the cab back to the ship.
 
Back on board and ready to set sail!
 
 Goodbye, Antigua!







Relaxing on deck in the most comfy chairs on the ship.  Try getting one of these in the morning...not likely!
 


 On our way to dinner.


I love this one!
 
Lucy, waiting for her dinner.
 
Pineapple boats to start!
 
Rearranged by Lucy into a happy face...

 Pistachio something or other for dessert.

Not sure what mine was but I had already started eating when Lucy insisted I get a picture as well...
 
Not sure why I get stuck with these two on my side...
 

I think she's beginning to take after her sister...

No comments:

Post a Comment